Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weekday cooking

I'm honestly appalled when I hear people say that during the week, cooking is not an option. The one option that is there for them is fast food. Yuck! Do you know what's in that stuff??! Yea, that's the problem....you don't!!

I can make a weekday meal in 30 minutes ...sounds like a popular cooking show doesn't it?! But with my meals, there isn't a huge, long list of needed ingredients!

Tuesday night I made a chicken stir fry. Cut up a couple of chicken breasts, saute them in vegetable and sesame oil. While that is cooking, I cut up a carrot into little sticks,cut some broccoli into little florets, of opened a can of sliced water chestnuts and little baby corns. Added them to the chicken with our favorite stir fry sauce and soy sauce...voila!  2 minutes for rice cups in the microwave and dinner was served.

Tonight was my take on chicken burrito bowls. I marinated the chicken before going to work with a dry rub so it was full of flavor by 5! Cut that up and sauteed it with a small can of chopped green chillies and some small red beans, it was what I had in the pantry. Chopped up 2 heads of romaine, 1/2 a tomato, opened a can of sliced olives.  Added to all that shredded cheddar, salsa and sour cream, whatever your favorite toppings may be....mmm. Mmm. Mmm!!

This is my idea of fast food. :)



1 comment:

  1. I'll go so far as to say that come Summer, I don't cook...period! But I bake, go figure! I live on antipasto platters, some days for both lunch and dinner. Though you know, I'm not opposed to cooking...it's just too hot!

    ReplyDelete

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...