Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Still working on those tomatoes!

Some days, I don't even know what I'm going to make for dinner. Sure, I have an idea if it's going to be chicken or turkey (no beef here), but what I'm going to do with it is another question!

While at work today thinking about the chicken breasts I took out of the freezer, my mind went back to those tomatoes. Then I thought about my basil, then I remembered I bought fresh mozzarella....chicken caprese it will be!

I made a tomato salad of tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. It needed a wee bit more of a kick, so a sprinkle of garlic powder, and a dash each of oregano and pepper flanks and viola! Instant yum!

Grilled up the chicken along with some zucchini and onions for a side.
Served the chicken them with a generous serving of the tomato salad mixture and happiness followed.


1 comment:

  1. That looks so good...I'm a little obsessed with zucchini and eggplant this summer...

    ReplyDelete

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...