Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Green smoothie

I've been making green smoothies for  breakfast...and as you can see from the picture, green it is! I drink mine on the way to work.

For anyone doubting, you really can't taste the spinach.  Not that I would mind, I love spinach, especially raw spinach, but you really don't taste it and I use a generous handful of the green stuff!

I don't drink regular milk so I use almond milk or coconut water, you could use any liquid really...water, orange juice, whatever! Now the fruit!... I tend to use mainly frozen fruit because it's easy to keep on hand, but I do use fresh too! Frozen also helps thicken it up! Then you can add in any extras such as chia seeds, or flaxseed. Again, it's whatever you want and whatever is easiest for you! Lastly, the greens!

My green smoothie:

8 oz. liquid
1 cup of any fruit
1 banana
1 Tbsp flaxseed, ground
Generous handful of baby spinach

Put it all in a blender with maybe a couple of ice cubes and blend away!

It really is delicious and what a great way to start the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...