Monday, August 13, 2012

Olé !!

Chicken quesadilla!
Yum!!
Before I get into the chicken quesadilla, I must comment on the side salad. Strangely, it's only been recently that I've taken to making a big ol' container of salad every week and keeping it in the refrigerator. On Sunday, I cut up and throw into the salad spinner a couple chopped romaine hearts and various vegetables. This week it is carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes and broccoli. A veggie is always close at hand this way!! 
It's important to have your daily dies of veggies, and many studies show it's easier to get them if they are convenient. And having that container of salad cut and washed and ready to eat couldn't be more convenient. Each family member can take as much as they want. Easy peasy. 
Ok, now back to the main attraction. What could be easier than a chicken quesadilla? I get these high fiber flour tortillas, heat up some refried beans, chop a tomato, shred sone cheese. Slice up some mexican flavored marinated chicken breast and saute it with some finely chopped peppers and onions. Spread the refried beans on the tortilla, lay some chicken on that, fold over and grill to perfection.
Let me talk about this pan too. To cook the quesadillas, I used my new 13" skillet. I got this one at the QVC outlet for $10.50! Yes, you read that right....$10.50. It's my new favorite skillet. 
Ok, so grill up the quesadilla, top with some cheese, sour cream and chopped tomatoes....don't forget that side of salad! What an easy, yummy dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...