Monday, July 30, 2012

I like to cook.

I do. and I like to share what I cook. Recently, I've been getting some ribbing from my better half that I post too much food on Facebook. I like to share what I cook and I have been told that I inspire others.  So, I thought, fine, I'll post all my cooking here. Thing is, here I have 2 followers. See right. Facebook, I have a bigger audience, only due to the fact that I haven't told anyone except those 2 on the right about my blog.

So I got to thinking. Scary, I know. I'm going to post my cooking things here ... and often. Maybe even my easy 30 minute weekday dinners. Shocking, I know. And maybe, I'll get more than the 2 on the right looking here at what I do. It's not spectacular, but, it's what I do. ;)

Tonight featured cheeseburger salad! Almost like a taco salad, but not!
I used Cheeseburger Salad | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond  except I used ground turkey breast since we don't eat beef. Oh, and in lieu of the croutons, I topped mine with crushed potato chips!

The recipe  doesn't call for any dressing, but I did use some Kraft Buffalo Ranch, which is my new fave dressing. It's spicy but not too overly spicy.  The ketchup, mustard and barbeque did lend a really good flavoring to the meat. And who would've guessed that pickles taste darn yummy on a salad!
Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Have you checked out the Pioneer Woman's book? We had it at work and I perused it a few times...lots of good food...and by good I mean not healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I haven't seen the cookbook but I watch her on Food Network. Kinda makes me want to be a cowboy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course the pickles were yummy on the salad! I swear Philly Bill's Dills are the best pickles out there. They have the best balance of flavor. So going to have to make this recipe...vegetarian of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...