Friday, January 3, 2014

New year....New commitment!

New year...New commitment!...to myself and to getting back to this blog!

2013's resolution was to lose the weight I had put on over the past 5 years...5 years of laziness, 5 years of eating whatever I wanted, 5 years of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin.  I'm happy to report that I stuck with it and as I write this, I am 82 pounds lighter than I was last year at this time. Yea me!

So 2014 rolls around and new resolutions...to continue being the best me I can be! Physically, mentally, spiritually...every "-ally" that I can think of! Right off the bat I upped my running. Last year I started walking and when that got easy I got back into running. I love running. I started running at another previous point in my life when I had lost weight and its something I really missed. October saw new running sneakers and I was able to continuously run 5 miles. Because of my work schedule and this other thing called "life", I can only find the time to run on weekends. On average I ran a little over 5 miles each Saturday and Sunday. I figured January 1 was the perfect time to up it, and New year's day I covered 6 miles, no problem! Yea me! So I'll try to keep that up and then gradually increase slowly so to avoid any injuries!

Next up, to eat even better than I am. I'm pretty happy with my diet; it's mainly fruits and vegetables, good fats, nuts and seeds, and poultry. I've cut out processed foods except for the occasional bottled salad dressing, I buy natural and organic most so I think that's alright.

Speaking of eating, I've made some fun things lately. Here's some of them:

"Larabars" - dates, almonds, protein powder

Chicken parmesan meatloaf- ground chicken breast, parmesan cheese, sauce, seasonings


Almond milk - soaked overnight almonds, rinsed then blended and strained

Simple sauteed kale and brussel sprouts in coconut oil with nuts

Buffalo chicken bites from
 http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/09/buffalo-chicken-bites/

 Really simple, yet tasty healthy food!

2 comments:

  1. You rock! I went to the gym today for the first time in awhile...time to get back into the groove. Ans back on track to lose the rest of this weight! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...