Monday, August 20, 2012

Tomato pie

While surfing the net the other day, I came across this recipe for tomato pie. What luck as I still had a few tomatoes left from Tim, and I came across a roadside stand where I got a few yellow and orange tomatoes. I had high hopes for this and it did not disappoint!
The recipe really is easy and comes together in no time. Don't rush to cut it after it bakes, it really needs to set up and firm up a bit.
It would make a great light dinner with a side salad, our even a lunch or brunch.  I had the leftovers for breakfast and the only bad part was when it was gone! For dinner, we had salad and grilled chicken with it.
This was delicious! The basil! The cheese! The tomatoes! Luckily, the pre-made crusts I bought come 2 to a package so I wil be making this again and soon!
Tide and Thyme » Tomato Pie



The lovely tomatoes before making their way into the pie....

YUM!

2 comments:

  1. I pinned this right after you posted the link!...I cannot wait to try this...it looks amazing! Heirlooms would probably be great with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so freaking good! I can't wait to make it again! Heirlooms would be good in it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...