Sunday, July 29, 2012

When life hands you lemon....

You make lemonade.

When life hands you basil, you make pesto.

My basil was looking good and lush! Before it went to flower, I figured I had better get busy making some pesto. I'm not giving a recipe because I honestly never follow one to a T....Google for a pesto recipe and you get the same things if you're looking for a classic pesto...
Basil
Pine nuts
Olive oil
Garlic
Parmesan cheese

I basically eye ball all quantities and then add more things to taste like garlic and salt.

I picked up an ice cube tray at Target for a dollar and after they freeze, they'll go into a freezer bag to be used whenever!

As Martha would say, "it's a good thing"!


2 comments:

  1. I no longer use recipes for pesto either. I made an arugula-walnut pesto last week and it's fabulous. I love pesto on sandwiches...especially turkey...just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer walnuts in pesto. Not a fan of what pine nuts bring to the party. Looks yummy though!

    ReplyDelete

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...