Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Seed Crackers

Ever make your own crackers? These are incredibly easy as well as incredibly good for you! 
Seeds seeds seeds!  And whatever flavoring you desire! Possibilities are endless!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
I'm not one to measure things exactly.. so roughly,  in a bowl add and mix together:
1 cup flaxseed meal
1/2 cup chia seeds
3 T sesame seeds
2 T pepitas
2 T hemp seeds
1 t salt
1/4 cup water
- the mixture shouldn't be soupy nor dry.  It should be a wet mixture that you could shape.
Oh!  And whatever seasonings you want! 
Like rosemary?  Add rosemary!
Like garlic?  Toss in a hefty couple of tablespoons of garlic powder.
Whatever you desire!  My sister sent me sumac which I had never had,  yet alone heard of,  except for the poison variety!  I added a good 2 T of sumac and these came out delicious! 
The rest of the procedure:
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I found it easier to then remove the parchment paper and use that as my guide - put the seed mixture on the parchment and pat it down some.  Cover with a piece of wax paper.  Take a rolling pin and roll it out to the size of the parchment paper,  or as close to the edges add you can.  You want it about 1/8" inch thick.  Remove the wax paper!  Bake for about 15 minutes,  until edges start to brown.  Let cool.  Break into random pieces.  Eat.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for sumac! I have flaxseed meal. I'm making these. Did you chop the pepitas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I kept them whole. They look nice that way.

    ReplyDelete

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...