Thursday, February 13, 2014

Catching up

I've got some catching up to do here! Today is a good day for that....here in the northeast we are in process of a nor'easter! It's been showing since midnight or so and as I write this it is 10:30 AM and we've already gotten 12" of snow! And this storm isn't getting out of here until very late tonight or tomorrow morning! Yikes!! This winter has been a doozie! Around here I believe the total had been around 48 inches for the season before today. We got off easy the past few years with close to nothing and I think many of us have gotten spoiled.
So it's a snow day! A day off from work! Though I have some paperwork I'm looking at inbetween loads of laundry and snow shoveling!

So..
What have I made lately? 
These

http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/01/17/super-moist-flourless-brownies/

The brownies are flourless, made with black beans, yes, black beans! And they are amazing! I did nothing different from the recipe except add nuts because who doesn't like nuts in their brownies?!

I also made a variation of wonton soup. These wontons are filled with onions fried and doused with paprika. This is something my BFs grandmother would make, "knotted soup", which i did make before...http://barbarababbling.blogspot.com/2012/11/knotted-soupaka-more-pasta.html



So I just borrowed the idea and made it easier with wontons! I made little ground turkey meatballs and tossed some kale in the soup along with th he obligatory carrots and celery and it hit the spot on a cold winter night! Give it a try...there is something about big, pillowy, yum filled sheets of pasta that just make you feel good!


2 comments:

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...