Monday, January 20, 2014

Healthy IS delicious!

I've been making smoothies just about daily, for probably over a year. The smoothies I make usually have spinach, a mix of various fruit, a banana and raw protein and other superfood mix in's such as maca powder, greens, hemp seeds, etc.  I've also been using a 14 year old Hamilton Beech blender, which has been very good to me. I've made too many smoothies to count in it as well as pesto, hummus and other things. For my birthday this past December my BF got me a NutriBullet! I was so excited! I can't quite get myself to put away the blender just yet. I still have room on my counter so the old Hamilton Beech still has a place in my heart and a place on my counter!

I said I was excited over the NutriBullet, didn't I?! Woo hoo!! And not just any NutriBullet, but the Pro 900 series!  My smoothies have never been as smooth as they are now! They are like velvet! After watching the infomercial for years, I'm sure many think it is just a blender, what's the big deal? Well let me tell you it's amazing! I love it! There. I said it. I love my NutriBullet!

The recipes included are really well thought out and have made me a bit more adventurous! Partly due to the temptation to juice, I set out to make what I call a NutriBullet juice. Now this is not a real juice as it does contain all the pulp, which means all the nutritious fiber. Really, it's a smoothie without a banana, and to me, a smoothie has a banana! You know, for smoothness. :)

This was my attempt at a green green smoothie juice thing! The results were delicious and refreshing! Chock full of Vitamin C and all things good for you!




Green green smoothie juice:
   Handful of spinach
   1/2 Granny Smith apple, cut into pieces
   2 kiwis, cut into pieces
   1 lime
   Few slices of ginger
   Water

Add all to your blending device.
Blend. Drink. Enjoy. Like a delicious Lime Aid. And the color? So pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty. Green. Love that you put lime in there. I think limes are underappreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...