Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cheesy italian chicken florentine

I'm addicted to Pinterest at the moment, and one recipe I've seen pinned and pinned again is this easy chicken crockpot meal.

Here it is:
4 chicken breasts
8 oz. cream cheese
1 packet italian dressing mix (regular or zesty)
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup

And then my twist was to add:
1 onion chopped
spinach (I had frozen)

Here is what you do:

In crockpot, put in chicken breasts and sprinkle the italian dressing mix over the chicken. Online, it says to add the cream cheese and soup to a pot and cook until the cheese melts, BUT I thought why dirty a pot! I poured the soup over the chicken and chopped the cream cheese into little chunks and placed then over the mixture. Cook on low for 4 hours. Serve over rice or pasta.   I chose pasta.

You can keep the chicken whole or take it out and cube it or shred it.  I shredded the chicken into bite size pieces.

For my twist, after 3 1/2 hours, I then tossed in the chopped onion and roughly 1/3 of a bag of frozen spinach I found in my freezer.  I was looking for peas, but didn't have any. :(  But, upon further investigating, I found spinach. :)....and let me tell you how good this was!! It was almost like spinach dip....mmm, the addition of artichokes (if Matt liked artichokes!), and this would taste like spinach artichoke dip! Over pasta! Oh baby!! Can you taste it?!?!....DELISH!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...