Sunday, August 15, 2010

My first quilt...FAIL.

Never use cheap materials.
When I bought the material for my first baby quilt, I was thinking 'cheap'. It would be a test, trial and error, certainly there would be many errors along the way. Well, it came out pretty OK. Not the greatest quilt, a crooked stitch here, one or two more there, the blocks didn't alway line up, but otherwise, it looked pretty good. I decided to wash it...and now lets say the dogs have a new quilt! :}

It separated in placed from the binding around the quilt and even some of the seams in between the blocks ripped. I'm contributing it all to cheap materials, which there were. So, I let it dry and then I sewed it just to have it be in one solid piece again - which means there are now stitches where there shouldn't be, but its together, and Spike and Stoli can decide who gets to lay on it.

Today's lesson: buy good materials.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...