Friday, July 30, 2010

Marsh Creek Lake

With a break in the humidity today, I convinced my friend E to lunch at Marsh Creek Lake today. It was crowded but even screaming kids couldn't really ruin the effect eating lakeside can have on you.



Tried to take some 'cool' shots in black and white. I do have a nice color picture but I don't know how to turn it so its right side up here!!


Upon getting back to the car to return to work, I found a parking ticket on my windshield. When we first pulled in, there was not a spot to be had in the 'lower' section of the parking lot. There was an empty row with a few "trailer only" signs posted here and there. I parked there, having no trailer, but hey!, it's a park, it's a parking lot, and there is no where else to park. I should mention there was a cop car of sorts ( I failed to notice if it was 'park police' or 'real police' or what) in the parking lot talking to someone, and he saw me park my car. That is what kind of pisses me off. He watched me park in a space that apparently, I shouldn't have. There was no other place to park. Would they rather have the patron leave than spend time at their beautiful lake? AND on the ticket, my violation is checked in the $15 "no parking" section when there is anther section with "no parking" fines of only $5 under 'state park violations'. Was I overcharged? I will pay the ticket, but I also plan on writing and sending along a letter addressing my disgust at the whole situation. It sort of bothers me... the whole situation. It was a Friday, not like it was a weekend. There was no place else to park. When I left, there were 4 other cars parked next to me with NO TICKET!! And the 'cop' watched me park there!! UGH!! Like I said, I will pay it, but I will get the last word! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...