Friday, June 8, 2012

Kitchen day

I love the days I can spend prepping and cooking and simmering!

The morning started with cleaning out the freezer which uncovered 2 bags of chicken scraps so chicken stock was made. Nothing fancy, chicken bones and scraps and a couple carrots and onions taking a very long bath. Sure makes the house smell good!

Hummus. One of the easiest things to make. Tahini, chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice...all blended into creamy goodness. I have to admit this was my first time making it and it rocked! It definitely got better as it sat. At first I could still taste the tahini but the flavor blends in after a few hours.

My new favorite make from scratch is granola. I use a recipe from Pam Anderson as a base and then add some extras. Yum!

Lastly came lasagna for dinner based off of the Pioneer Woman's "Best lasagna ever" recipe and it's my go to recipe now.





2 comments:

  1. It all looks so good...and I'll admit...I love tahini, so much so, that I will eat it by the teaspoon...yeah, I'm a sesame fiend...

    ReplyDelete

Hello again.  I've been away for a very long time again! 3 years ...DANG!! Well, coming back is what's important, right?!  Like visi...